About the Role
Our client is an industry-leading provider of benefits services. They are currently seeking a new Business Analyst. This role includes engaging with brokers and carriers to evaluate new cases & ensures timely approval and processing of applications. The position is currently remote but will become hybrid. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of underwriting principles, at least one year of underwriting or related medical insurance experience required, an ability to negotiate and effectively communicate with agents and brokers and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Evaluating new cases and add-on risks, assuring time and quality underwriting.
· Evaluating enrollment materials and detailed medical records to determine underwriting actions.
· Enroll new groups and members on carrier's online systems.
· Review final rates, benefit options, and underwriting requirements.
· Generating quotes, based on actual enrollment, to ensure accurate premiums are being sent to the carrier.
· Notifying agents/brokers of overdue premium payments and status of cases, whether the cases are approved, declined, or withdrawn.
· Processing of broker of record change letters and licensing for agents to assure new agents are correctly paid, carrier guidelines are followed, and agents/brokers are properly appointed with each carrier.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
2 years of experience in similar roles.